History of University Life: Archiving Crises
2020 Sydney Research Webinar in Higher Education | History of University Life
How to make sense of university life in Covid times
Not just pretty pictures, archives are the memory of our times. Through them we explore the past and present to look forward to the future. In this webinar, Julia Horne speaks with archivists and librarians about three special Covid projects with a sneak preview of what each has collected and why these collections are so important.
- Nyree Morrison, University of Sydney Archives on collections past and present.
- Jennifer Stanton, University Library on the University of Sydney Covid-19 cultural collection.
- Richard Neville, Mitchell Librarian, on the State Library of New South Wales’ Covid-19 collecting drive.
Chaired by Julia Horne, Associate Professor in History, University Historian at the University of Sydney and co-convenor of History of University Life
These online seminars are brought to you by History of University Life Sydney Research Seminar in Higher Education. History of University Life began in 2008 as a joint forum between the University of Sydney and St Paul’s college to discuss the history and role of universities in Australian life.
Many thanks for the support of St Paul’s College since 2008. And thanks, too, for the wonderful assistance for the 2020 online series provided by the School of Philosophical and Historical Inquiry, University of Sydney.
Webinars in this special series are now available online:
- Seminar 5: The Current Crisis—Let’s Focus on Equity
- Seminar 4: Higher Education Reform: Where to now?
- Seminar 3: Can the Humanities and Social Sciences survive the Covid crisis?
- Seminar 2: International Students and Australian Universities
- Seminar 1: University Education is a Pathway to Employment
Future seminar dates for your diary in this special series
- Stay tuned for the 2021 program
- If you registered for the entire series when you registered for the last seminar, you won’t need to register again. You will receive an invitation to this webinar automatically.
- New registration? please click here to RSVP
For more information about the series please email the History of University Life convenors Click here to email
Please use the hashtag #UniKeeper for your social media posts.
- Follow HUL on Twitter
- Follow SOPHI on Twitter
- Follow SOPHI on Facebook
- Follow St Paul’s College on Twitter
- See the Department of History Blog
Image by Peter Adams.